Chimney Liner Installations for the Herndon, VA Area
Make fire and burning safety your number one priority this holiday season because there is nothing like a warm, toasty fireplace to put you in the holiday spirit during the winter months. A Chimney Expert LLC can help you enjoy the glow of your fireplace and keep you safe with a flue liner. If you live in the Herndon, VA area, get in touch with our chimney liner installation experts to fix or put in a new flue liner. Get the peace of mind that a stainless-steel chimney flue liner can provide.
Why You Need a Stainless-Steel Chimney Flue Liner
Chimney relining services are important because they protect your home from possible fire hazards. It should not be taken lightly how crucial it is to take the proper precautions with your fireplace. Fire-protection experts recommend stainless-steel chimney liners because they effectively do their job and are less costly than other options. These are great chimney liners because they are versatile enough to work with gas, wood-burning, and oil fireplaces.
This is why you should get a professional chimney relining for your home in Herndon:
- Carbon monoxide and creosote buildup in chimneys over time and years of regular use. With a stainless-steel flue liner, your chimney will be protected from sticky ashes and other residue.
- Acidic gases are emitted from fireplaces and erode the mortar from your chimney as the fumes flow up. Stainless-steel chimney liners are an excellent alternative to avoid crumbling mortar, fire, or carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Flue liners are highly effective at controlling smoke and fire, diminishing damage, and preventing fires in your home. Even minor cracks present a risk of fire so it’s important to get your chimney relined and properly maintained.
Tips For Having a Wood Burning Fireplace:
- Preventative Maintenance: You need to have a certified chimney sweep annually at the beginning of winter, to remove soot and debris and to inspect your wood-burning appliance and chimney for any gaps, cracks or creosote build-up. It is also important to have a clean chimney because then it provides good drafts and reduces the risk of chimney fires.
- Proper Equipment Use and Prevention: A properly installed and operating certified wood stove should produce little smoke inside or outside the home. Also, never, under any circumstances, should an unlined, single brick chimney be used for a wood stove.
- Start the Fire Properly: Do not use lighter fluid to start a fire because this could cause an explosion. Also do not use charcoal to start a fire because it lets off carbon monoxide, which could be harmful. Use only dry wood with a mixture of small and large bits to start a fire.
- Keep Small Children and Pets Away: Do not leave small children or pets unattended near an open fireplace or wood burning stove. They could get too close and a spark could jump on them or they could put their hands in the fire, which can cause serious burns.
- Install smoke and carbon monoxide detectors: Also test them monthly and change the batteries at least once a year. A properly installed and operated certified wood stove should produce little smoke inside or outside the home. Smoke may smell good, but it’s not good for you. Any smoke escaping from the firebox into the room means the fireplace isn’t operating properly
Call A Chimney Expert LLC for Quality Chimney Liners
A Chimney Expert LLC offers residents of the Herndon area top-notch chimney relining services. We can assist you, whether it’s your first chimney liner or you need a new fuel liner installed. The stainless-steel chimney liners we suggest to our customers are cost-effective and backed by a lifetime guarantee. Call our friendly staff at 703-999-4505 for more information.
Have you ever witnessed a chimney fire?
It can be both terrifying and life-threatening. That’s why safety and fire codes are enforced. A Chimney Expert LLC is trained and equipped to provide you, your family and your home with the best protection available. And, we do it at a reasonable price.