Chimney Relining Service for Reston, VA
There is nothing like a warm, toasty fireplace to put you in the holiday spirit during the winter months, so stay safe while you enjoy the warmth of the fire from your chimney this winter. A Chimney Expert LLC provides high-quality chimney flue liners to residents of the Reston, VA area. These chimney liners are an important safety component that should not be overlooked. We specialize in properly installing stainless steel chimney liners that give you peace of mind when using your fireplace.
Why Should You Get a Chimney Liner?
Chimney liners are a crucial feature because they shelter your home from any damages. During cold winter months, chimneys make your home a cozy place to be but it presents a fire hazard if you don’t take the correct safeguards. Stainless steel chimney liners successfully protect homes and are recommended by fire-protection experts because they are compatible with oil, gas, and wood burning fireplaces. There are a few key reasons why every chimney needs a flue liner:
- Flue liners prevent other parts of your home from catching fire. If you already have a liner but it has cracks, that leaves you at risk of fire.
- Stainless steel chimney liners stop acidic gases from eroding your chimney’s mortar. If your mortar crumbles, it increases the likelihood of a fire and allows carbon monoxide to seep into your home.
- With regular use, your chimney builds up creosote and carbon monoxide residue. A stainless-steel flue liner will stave off ashes from sticking to your chimney’s brick and mortar.
Tips For Having a Wood Burning Fireplace:
- Preventative Maintenance: You need to have a certified chimney sweep annually at the beginning of winter, to remove soot and debris and to inspect your wood-burning appliance and chimney for any gaps, cracks or creosote build-up. It is also important to have a clean chimney because then it provides good drafts and reduces the risk of chimney fires.
- Proper Equipment Use and Prevention: A properly installed and operating certified wood stove should produce little smoke inside or outside the home. Also, never, under any circumstances, should an unlined, single brick chimney be used for a wood stove.
- Start the Fire Properly: Do not use lighter fluid to start a fire because this could cause an explosion. Also do not use charcoal to start a fire because it lets off carbon monoxide, which could be harmful. Use only dry wood with a mixture of small and large bits to start a fire.
- Keep Small Children and Pets Away: Do not leave small children or pets unattended near an open fireplace or wood burning stove. They could get too close and a spark could jump on them or they could put their hands in the fire, which can cause serious burns.
- Install smoke and carbon monoxide detectors: Also test them monthly and change the batteries at least once a year. A properly installed and operated certified wood stove should produce little smoke inside or outside the home. Smoke may smell good, but it’s not good for you. Any smoke escaping from the firebox into the room means the fireplace isn’t operating properly
Call Us For Stainless Steel Chimney Liners
The experts at A Chimney Expert LLC are trained to correctly install high-quality chimney flue liners in homes near Reston, VA. Whether you need a brand-new chimney liner or need a flue relining, we are available to assist you. Our stainless-steel chimney liners are affordable and backed by a lifetime guarantee, so you have nothing to lose. Call us at 703-999-4505 to request an installation or maintenance visit.
Have you ever witnessed a chimney fire?
It can be both terrifying and life-threatening. That’s why safety and fire codes are enforced. A Chimney Expert LLC is trained and equipped to provide you, your family and your home with the best protection available. And, we do it at a reasonable price.